Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thing 23

Please don't think that I've forgotten about this initiative, I am using more technology than ever before in my class. My students are currently working with a wiki! I left my comfort zone with help from my media goddess Jeanne and created a wiki as a means for my students to comment on the graphic novels they needed to read for a book project. What an amazing experience. I learn as I go but setting the wiki up was really easy. THe complicated part came when we needed to give 120 students access to the wiki so they could edit it. They are required to have e-mail to do this so we (or should I say Jeanne) created a gmail account and added all 120 students to it, ugh!!! However, the kids are excited to get out there and write about their books and I get to see right away what they've typed. I have created an evaluation for them and I am excited to see what they thought of the experience!

http://cougargraphicnovels.pbwiki.com/

1 comment:

Mr.Rother said...

Very Cool!! I am excited to attempt this yext year too!!