Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Big 6

My students are starting research today and I am encouraging them to try research techniques other than Google et all. They are having huge success with Gale Infotrac and Historical Newspapers. It is very rewarding to see them getting excited about doing research in a new way. We are also exploring all the different ways World Book online can be used. I am shocked at how many students have not used these sources before. I'm learning as much as they are about all these sources have to offer. It's fun to try new things. It's not always easy to leave the comfort zone but it sure pays off when you do!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Rother said...

Historical Newspapers were extremely helpful to the 8th graders during History Day. I am SO glad that they are getting exposure to this database in 6th grade!