Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thing 9

We are having fun in reading class with a story about Mt. Vesuvius and the city of Pompeii. I went out to United Streaming to find some information about volcanoes to help the students build background. It was interesting to find out how much they already knew from having done a unit in fourth grade about volcanoes. Students were excited to watch the action on the big screen. It was a great way to bring the story to life for the students and I loved that there were lessons and ideas available to use with the videos. It was also very helpful to be able to choose small snipits of video that fit with what I was teaching. I explored a little deeper and found videos about many other topics I teach this is definitley a tool that I will use often!

No comments: